Really, it’s all in here. I don’t do an enormous amount of hawking my book on this site, but the other day, I realized that I’m doing a disservice by not pushing you into buying it. Why? It’s not because I want your money. Buy it from Amazon for only $18.96 and it will pay for itself. How does it pay for itself? I’ll enumerate some of the reasons:
- Don’t screw up another interview, get the next job you apply for.
- Once you get offered the job, you’ll get a better salary and/or benefits by using some of my tips for tactful negotiation.
- You’ll improve your organization with your leadership skills you get by following some of the ideas on organizational and personal habits.
- You’ll keep your nose clean by avoiding risky practices that can get you in trouble with human resources and management.
- You’ll understand marketing and sales better and learn to work more effectively with them by understanding that it’s a partnership, not a leash.
- Your place in the software organization will improve because you’ll realize that it’s not just your coding that counts, it’s the intangibles as well.
It took me a long time to realize that my biggest benefit to my employers wasn’t my coding skills, but my leadership and big picture knowledge. The sooner you read this book and come to the same realization, the sooner your career takes another step forward.